From: 65.00 €
Tour Start – 09.00 AM / 09H00 | Tour End – 06.00 PM / 18H00
On this tour you will have the chance to see and enjoy our landscape, culture, tradition, and taste our cuisine.
Departure from your hotel around 9:15 am to visit Monte Brasil, where, from the top of Pico das Cozinhas you can see the view to Angra do Heroísmo, and around the area you can find British artillery, after Monte Brasil, brief passage at Angra do Heroísmo city (world Heritage city), then Serretinha, to take pictures and see the majestic Ilhéu das Cabras, island made by a submarine volcano many years ago, then São Sebastião village, to visit ant takes pictures to one of the oldest churches of the island.
In the church you can see “FRESCO” from 1500’s, then drive up to 545m to visit Serra do Cume and see one of the biggest craters of a volcano made in Terceira. Stop for 30 minutes at Praia da Vitória to visit the second city of the island. Lunch in a local restaurant to taste the famous Alcatra de Carne (stew in a clay pot cooked in a wooden oven). After lunch, is time to visit Algar do Carvão, to admire the beauty of an empty volcano.
Later, a visit Furnas do Enxofre (fumaroles), you will see the steam coming out from the ground. A visit to Biscoitos village to see the swimming pools made by lava from a volcano that erupted years ago. Drive along the western coast to stop at Raminho to see 3 other islands of the archipelago passing by Lagoa das Patas and then cheese tasting.
- Includes: Hotel pick-up from the city center, official guide/driver, lunch, entrances in “Algar do Carvão” and insurance;
- Menu: Local dish with drinks, dessert and coffee;
- Schedule: Every Day
Algar do Carvão Openings 2020
- Until 31 March 2020 | Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 02:30 PM to 05:00 PM;
- From 01 April until 31 May 2020 | Daily: 02:30 PM to 05:00 PM
- From 01 June until 30 September 2020 | Daily: 02:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- From 01 October Until 31 December 2020 | Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 02:30 PM to 05:00 PM;
The caves will be closed on:
- 25 February 2020;
- 01 December 2020;
- 25 December 2020.